** ENROLMENT FOR SEPTEMBER CLASSES WILL OPEN IN AUGUST 2018. SIGN UP FOR MARK'S MAILING LIST TO MAK SURE YOU DON'T MISS ENROLMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS**
mark Elliott's Conscious canine companion classes are an opportunity for you to work WITH mark in an outdoor group setting, alongside other dogs and their owners. The conscious CANINE companion course is specially designed to focus on building your relationship and communication skills with your dog to eliminate problem behaviours, with an emphasis on consistency and results.
Owners have the option to participate in the group classes for 2 weeks ($150), or 4 weeks ($250), and to choose to attend Mark's Saturday or sunday group.
GROUP CLASSES ARE BEST FOR DOGS WHO:
HAVE DIFFICULTIES CONTROLLING THEIR EXCITEMENT
JUMP ON PEOPLE TO GREET THEM
DO NOT KNOW HOW TO HAVE PROPER INTRODUCTIONS TO OTHER DOGS
REACT TO CARS, BICYCLES, LOUD NOISES, OR OTHER DOGS (NON-AGGRESSIVELY)
PULL, LUNGE, OR SNIFF INCESSENTLY ON LEASH
DO NOT TRY TO ATTACK OTHER PEOPLE OR DOGS
GROUP CLASSES ARE BEST FOR PEOPLE WHO:
ARE TIRED OF BEING DRAGGED BY THEIR DOGS DURING WALKS
ARE LOOKING FOR A PROGRAM FOCUSED ON CONSISTENCY, PROGRESS & results
WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH Mark AT A LOWER COST THAN PRIVATE SESSIONS
ARE COMFORTABLE WITH BALANCED TRAINING METHODS
WANT TO IMPROVE THEIR COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIP WITH THEIR DOGS
ARE LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH THEIR DOGS IN A CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT
Classes will be held outdoors, rain or shine, at Woodbine Park
Classes will be held for 75 minutes every saturday & SUNDAY at 1Pm on the following dates
Watch this space for announcement about september classes
We will begin by focusing on these fundamental skills and techniques:
- Defining healthy leadership
- How to put on the leash & position it correctly
- How to hold the leash
- Why words aren't necessary on walks
- How to get the dogs to focus on us
- Walking with intention
Week Two will build on the skills learned in week one in order to work on:
- Passing other dogs
- When & how to ignore dogs and people
- When to greet dogs and people
- Using your body language to communicate with your dog
- Claiming and creating space
- Reading your dog's body language to predict their behaviours
- Early recognition of your dog's triggers
- How to walk by common triggers (cars, bicycles, crowds, noises)
- Addressing individual issues & concerns
- Bonus 30 minute Q & A with Mark
READY TO ENROL?
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Up to two people are permitted to attend the classes with their dogs.
- Children under 12 are not permitted to attend the classes.
- Although not required, a slip lead is highly suggested for use in our classes (Hamilton Brand is my recommendation).
- If you need to drop out of the course, full refunds will be available until June 26th, 2018. Cancellations after this date will not be refunded in part or in full.
- Refunds will not be available for missed individual classes
- While reactive dogs are welcome, aggressive dogs are not permitted to enroll.
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old to enroll
- Mark Elliott reserves the right to remove dogs from the class if they are deemed unfit for participation, or pose a risk to other participants